- 1/2 cup (1 stick butter)
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 Tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2 heaping cups miniature marshmallows (or 12 large)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 drops each green and yellow food coloring
- 8 cups popped popcorn
- Place butter, brown sugar and corn syrup in a 3-quart sauce pan. Cook over medium heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat and add marshmallows and vanilla extract. Stir until smooth.
- Add the green and yellow food coloring to create desired color.
- Put the popcorn in a large bowl and pour the “green slime” marshmallow mixture over the popcorn. Stir with a large spoon until coated. Cover until ready to serve. Store in an airtight container.
Yield: 8-10 large servings
I’d much appreciate it if my followers could like my facebook page if you’re on fb by chance. Thanks!
Joan Rivers (June 8, 1933 - September 4, 2014) on The Ed Sullivan Show, April 23, 1967.
Because she was brilliant and cutting edge, and we forget that.
(Courtesy of The Ed Sullivan Show YouTube channel)